Thursday, August 19, 2010

What kind of social networking / community discussion site should I start?

I have a large university's bandwidth (1000 megabytes per second), I'm willing to buy an external hard drive or two if necessary (several hundred gigabytes of storage), I am creative and have a lot of experience in web design and graphics, and I have worked with PHP/MySQL. I also have friends who can help me code something, and I know people who could help me build a community and user base.





What can I make that college students would use? A Yahoo! Answers type site? Something similar to Rate My Professors? Facebook/Myspace? Something like Google Docs/Spreadsheets, except with some kind of commenting/discussion system?





Let me know if you guys have any ideas. Thanks!

What kind of social networking / community discussion site should I start?
Sorry to say it, but if you don't have a grand (new) idea, then it's probably been done already.





But... Having worked on similar projects for Uni, I would suggest asking your prospective users. Ask them what they want or need and can't find anywhere else. This will almost guarantee an audience because they are the ones that know!


No comments:

Post a Comment