Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why do you think people love social networking sites?

Humans are social animals. The major part of the human race is connected to a social network of some kind, and the network is important to have when there are changes in a persons life.





The internet is a phenomenon that is here to stay, it's how many persons stay in touch with friends and family, but also how they make contact with new persons. The social networking sites fills the function that other social gathering places fills in the real world. You can also see the same kind behavior as in the real world. Some like to "flash their friends around" and show off how popular they are and how many friends they have, others stick to a few friends that they know well and feel no need to show off.





I constantly get invitations to different "networking sites" from people that I know in one way or the other. They want me to come there so that we can "stay in touch easier" and so that I connect to their other friends. I decline. If I'm not important enough for them to take the time to write me a personal message to let me know how they are then I'm not interested in reading their blogs and what not. I guess I'm just anti-social.





Still I can understand their love for the sites since they can create the feeling of having many friends that care about them. Not saying that any of the persons on their "friends lists" really do care, but at least it creates the illusion of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment