Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is the source of revenue for social networking sites like Orkut ??

What are various sources of revenue for websites like orkut or Hi5. Many sites do not post even advertisements on their sites.

What is the source of revenue for social networking sites like Orkut ??
I took a very quick look at hi5 and I see Display advertising, so this would be a source of advertising.





As for Orkut, I *think* thats powered by Google. They may use this as a 'loss leader'. I.e. it provides little/no revenue, but if they gain a large fan base, their fan base may use Google for Searching, and the search will provide revenue through their Paid Search programs.





I know Facebook and Myspace also use a lot of display advertising. More so on myspace.


No comments:

Post a Comment